This position requires a high level of SQL experience.
The manager is willing to look at SQL developers with the understanding they will not be writing major code but working on interpreting a script or line of code and being able to rewrite the code.
Provided database development for Viewpoint Construction Software
• Performed data conversions for Viewpoint customers (from different construction software vendors, by extracting data from SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 and Oracle 11g R2 Server 11.2 customer databases) into Vista by Viewpoint (V6) 6.7/6.8 SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 databases, utilizing T-SQL.
• Performed custom data cleansing and mapping upon several of Viewpoint customer’s data.
Provide telephone and Internet support to customers who have questions or issues related to Keystyle or V6 Application issues. Correct customer data using SQL modification statements. Troubleshoot SQL programming using SQL Profiler and debug stored procedures to isolate software issues. Executes the tests necessary to ensure than an application or technical environment meets performance and business requirements. Provide support to customers who have questions or issues related to standard and custom reports, cubes, spreadsheets, and financial statements. Effectively document issues/feedback from customers for use by development in research and resolution of defects. Monitors, tracks, and documents customer support calls and related activities in CRM system. Cross-train other team members on SSRS Reports and SQL functionality and troubleshooting, as applicable.
• Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
• Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them clearly to individuals with varied backgrounds and skill levels.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
• Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
l Bachelor’s degree, preferably majoring in Computer Science, Business, or Accounting, and relevant customer support experience as indicated below or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
l Demonstrated experience troubleshooting SQL; including tables, triggers, views, stored procedures, performance tuning and ability to write complex SQL queries. Microsoft Transact SQL, preferred.
l Basic familiarity with business accounting applications (e.g. payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase order, financial statements).
l Strong and articulate telephone personality and the ability to create rapport.
l Ability to work within coverage expectations of Support department, including on-call rotation.
l Demonstrated experience with SSRS Reports; including tables, matrices, and graphs.
l Familiarity with commercial construction industry (e.g. job costing, equipment tracking, project management) is an asset for this position but not required.
l Strong technical skills with a variety of business software tools including MS Office applications.
l Experience working in a support call center.
Microsoft SQL certification.