Position Details: Sr. Software Engineer, Native UI
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to focus on developing core features for the platform.
This engineer will be contributing extensively to our embedded UI development and underlying architecture. Extensive experience with embedded Linux, C++ libraries/frameworks, development of tools, scripting languages as well as the integration of third-party code is a must. A proven track record of shipping high-quality software on embedded platform is essential. This is a great role for a senior professional who enjoys a high level of visibility and thrives on great business impact.
- Work closely Product Development, platform services, and release management teams to contribute to development
- Integrate third party C++ libraries
- 7+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Extensive programming experience with C++ and Embedded Linux.
- Ability to work in both user and kernel space.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, tools, libraries and open source development.
- Understanding of API design considerations and tradeoffs.
- Familiarity with tools and libraries such as Boost, PlayReady, ALSA, DIAL a plus.
- Experience with memory management and multi-threaded development.
- Experience with OpenGL and/or DirectFB - Required
- Media / Video knowledge such as codecs, media streaming, etc. would also be a plus.
- Ideally, embedded and/or consumer electronics experience.
- Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.