As a BI Engineer in Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team, you are responsible for data and business intelligence design, development and testing of new capabilities/enhancements to existing solutions which meet Columbia’s business needs in an Agile environment. You will be responsible for investigation, documentation and remediation of production issues through incident management affecting enterprise data assets. You will utilize your expertise to standardize and build CI/CD processes on the EIM team.
Within this role, you will be providing Tier 3 support for critical processes/job failures, enterprise data assets and systems across EIM including Azure, SAP and BI platforms. With Tier 3 support comes the responsibility to be on call rotation 24x7. You will be working with fellow DevOps Engineers in an onsite-offshore environment. In addition to working closely with the EIM team, the DevOps Engineer will also coordinate frequently with several enterprise support organizations and Client end-users.
Additionally, you are expected to have strong analytical, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
o Design, build, test and maintain existing data integrations, ETL processes and BI solutions within EIM environment consisting of Azure, SAP BW/HANA and BI Platforms.
o Utilize Agile practices for development and testing to existing solutions
o Participate in environment refresh and cutover activities for system integration testing and go live for major and minor releases
o Support existing reporting and visualizations solutions using Columbia’s enterprise BI tools.
o Participate in an on-call rotation to support EIM production processes and systems.
o Coordinate and resolve escalated support incidents from Tier 2 support
o Build and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
o Implement automated solutions using scripting/programming languages in Azure environment
o Implement new and extending existing capabilities for automated backup and restore process of data lake and data warehouse, automated database and ETL migrations and permissions, automated build and deploy etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree required Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and testing Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions
• Expert in database concepts, including normalization, indexing, physical and logical modeling, creation of SQL queries and performance tuning.
• Expert in SQL and query optimization for data platforms such as SQL Server, Azure SQL DW, HDInsight, Teradata, SAP BW/HANA.
• Familiarity with the Kimball methods of data warehousing techniques, standards and best practices.
• 2+ years’ experience with programming languages (Python(preferred), C#, Scala, DAX etc.)
• Strong experience in PowerShell Scripting
• Experience with at least three of the following reporting platforms: Azure Analysis Services, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, SAP Business Objects.
• 1+ years’ experience with Azure Data factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL Data Warehouse, (Azure Databricks a plus)
• Familiarity with REST APIs
• Experience with version control system or knowledge of basic version control concepts
• Familiarity with Ansible, Puppet or Chef configuration management tools
• Experience in batch schedulers such as Autosys, Tidal (Cisco workload automation)
• Sound judgment and decision-making, and the appropriate sense of urgency and is a self-starter.
Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work occasionally required to collaborate with people in other time zones and to ensure timely project completion. Some job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines. Physical ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Physical ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and occasionally lift to 20 pounds. Ability to operate a computer keyboard. Ability to move freely throughout the department and building.