Position Details: Scrum Master - 927987F
Support Enterprise Service and Integration Department
– Scrum Master
Enterprise Service and Integration Department supports over 10 different Platforms. Client is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan Our teams engineer, make, and perfect Nike’s most advanced footwear components. Masters of teamwork, we challenge assumptions in order to get faster, drive efficiency and fine-tune technology to deliver quality performance plastic.
Enterprise Service and Integration Department seeks a Scrum Master with a proven track record of delivering world-class products within complex digital environments to advance our platform and applications. Our ideal candidate will bring a broad range of lean and agile experiences working within large-scale organizations with specific knowledge working with digital technologies and processes at scale.
- Responsible for guiding the development of an agile team into an effective delivery unit with a sustainable cadence
- Responsible for ensuring the team’s process evolves within organizational guidelines and standards of practice
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
- Excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management
- Able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation in a large matrixed global organization.
- Uphold and defend, as well as coach and mentor, agile values and principles as expressed in the Agile Manifesto
- Capable of being a scrum master for one to three scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Facilitate agile activities and meetings, including sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint reviews
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed
- Assist the team with implementing effective agile disciplinary practices
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Maintain relevant metrics that provide organizational visibility and help the team see how they are doing
- Responsible for managing financials, including budget forecast and actuals, on a monthly cadence.
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience including strong understanding of customer/stakeholder relationships, business analysis, prioritization, estimation, status reporting and capacity management
- Must have a thorough understanding of iterative/incremental software development
- Must have recognized education in agile processes, certifications preferred
- Must have been a member of an agile team for at least 2 years
- Understand agile metrics and reporting techniques
- Experience using Jira and/or VersionOne to track and make visible sprint backlog work flow preferred
- Be comfortable handling risk assessments
- Worked with large Planforms
- Comfortable in a high impact/high visibility setting
- Able to manage competing priorities with live everchanging Roadmaps
- Be able to handle working with 3-4 teams at one time.
- Excellent people skills