Position Details: Senior DevOps Engineer
The Platform and Cloud Engineering organization is looking for a highly motivated senior DevOps engineer to join client’s Infrastructure team. We are a seasoned team of highly trained technical engineers looking for talent to help develop, build, and support highly scalable infrastructure platform services. Our systems operate on a scale of petabytes and millions of custom metric data-points per second. We’re seeking experience to help us in our vision to provide to real time services capabilities for all engineering teams within client.
- Lead projects and efforts to develop and maintain local and cloud infrastructure using infrastructure as code philosophy.
- Lead efforts to further automate cloud and local infrastructure operations with tools like; Bash, CloudFormation, Terraform, and customized programs/scripts.
- Help build and integrate security as part of the infrastructure.
- Architect and maintain Client’s codified next-generation cloud infrastructure, working with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Take the lead on other important infrastructure projects, with the support and collaboration of the team.
- Take the lead efforts to implement new technologies and best practices etc.
- Take the lead and mentor other members of the team to define and adopt new or improve existing processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall infrastructure design and develop tools to enable and automate the infrastructure.
- Experience working with both business owners and end users.
- Familiarity and mastery of a high-level scripting language such as Python (preferred), or Go.
- The drive and self-motivation to understand the intricate details of a complex infrastructure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical project stakeholders.
- Ability to architect, maintain, and code next-generation cloud infrastructure, working with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Hashicorp Terraform and Vault.
- Ability to lead team efforts to implement new technologies and best practices.
- An interest and past experience in IT security
- Several years of DevOps experience
- Experienced in infrastructure tool development and maintenance
- Experienced in cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.