Position Details: Senior Platform Tools Engineer
The Platform and Cloud Engineering organization is looking for highly motivated senior software engineer to come work for Client's next generation automated tools platform. We are a team of highly trained technical engineers looking for talent to help develop and build a highly scalable tools platform that supports all applications, infrastructure and logs monitoring needs within Client. Our systems operate on a scale of petabytes and millions of custom metric data-points per second. We’re seeking experience to help us in our vision to provide to near real time monitoring and debugging capabilities for all of engineering teams within Client.
- Build high-performance distributed systems for data collection, processing, storing, and analyzing in near real-time, to monitor health of Client infrastructure and applications.
- Independently design, implement, and test major features and capabilities, as well as work jointly with other team members on complex features.
- Evangelize and communicate your design, methods, and results to a community of architect, developers, and product managers.
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Share engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities as needed
- 7+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Java, GO, Python or any other programming language.
- Experience with Big Data, Hadoop, Elastic Search, Time Series database systems like Prometheus, OpenTSDB or processing TimeSeries data is a plus.
- Experience with Grafana or other open-source platforms for data visualization.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in messaging systems like Kafka, or ActiveMQ or other related systems
- 2+ years of experience in building highly scalable, reliable distributed systems and experience in distributed real-time stream processing systems like Storm, Samza, S4 etc.
- Experience in Unix/Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Advanced Python programming skills
- Experience in architecting, designing, developing solutions using the ELK (elastic search, logstash and kibana) stack
- Elastic Stack in a production scale implementation (Proof of Concept experience is not sufficient)
- Expertise with implementing Event correlation using ELK
- Experience creating indexes and analytics on elasticsearch data
- Create visualizations, Dashboards in Kibana
- MS or Bachelor’s degree (BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree)