The Sales Development Representative is responsible for providing quality prospects to our national sales teams. As an SDR you will be responsible for prospecting and cold calling into targeted markets (80+ phone calls per day), coordinating with Marketing in lead generation efforts and qualifying prospective customers for Sales VPs. In addition, the SDR will manage and nurture opportunities to ensure their progression through the sales funnel. This position requires a self-driven individual with exceptional, professional communication skills.
· Proactively discover qualified prospects within target markets to drive new sales opportunities.
· Follow up on leads produced by inbound marketing campaigns based on established criteria.
· Research prospective accounts to understand needs, build target lists, and develop effective emails and scripts.
· Schedule introductions/ meetings for Sales, assign leads, and ensure timely follow up.
· Maintain Salesforce records by continuously logging prospecting activities, adding new contacts, and updating account information with useful account intelligence.
· Deliver consistent activity to achieve monthly and quarterly goals and objectives.
· Provide constructive suggestions for improving the inbound/outbound sales development processes.
· Perform miscellaneous project and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Some college coursework or equivalent experience required; college degree preferred.
· 1 – 3 years of relevant sales experience (preferably in a SaaS environment).
· Experience in phone sales and modern prospecting.
· Advanced computer skills required, including high level knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Working knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) required. Experience with a Sales Engagement Platform (SalesLoft) preferred.