------------- 4 Month Onsite Contract Position ------------
General Position Summary:
Work as a team member to ensure the efficient and effective operation of supported end-user technology, like laptops, desktops, and mobile devices, throughout the Client environment. Troubleshoot and diagnose system problems and recommended solutions. Assist with or coordinate the repair of computer hardware. Perform preventative maintenance functions as required. Participate in creating and implementing company IS standards and work with management and users to ensure IS standards are followed.
The ideal candidate has solid and demonstrable end user support for Retail/POS systems. The primary functions include but not limited to: utilizing ticket management software (currently using REMEDY and CherWell), call routing systems (we use inContact), logging and escalating tickets, using information management tools, light PC troubleshooting. This role will be providing phone support to internal users and offering back of the house support for application debugging, triage and diagnosis primarily for the new Retail/POS platform.
• Responds to help desk tickets and efficiently assigns and works with business partners to resolve problems.
• Demonstrates impeccable customer service skills by working in a way that makes the user and peers feel informed and assisted.
• Troubleshoots and resolves application issues to ensure effective and efficient operation.
• Supports remote users for mail and network access.
• Provides training to Enterprise customers on best practice uses of technology, applications, and practices used at Client.
• Creates or updates documentation for processes on installing, tuning, or troubleshooting hardware and software.
• Communicates effectively with other team members in the IS organization.
• Communicates with external vendors related to software and hardware issues and problem solving.
• Develop/create and distribute periodic and ad hoc reports.
• Participates in company-wide IS projects as they relate to the Desktop and/or Distributed Systems area of responsibilities.
• Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Client management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
Specific Job Skills:
Basic knowledge of Microsoft windows and/or Apple environment with the ability to efficiently diagnose computer system issues and implement effective solutions. Work often requires reading and writing in technical or complex areas. Mental ability to conduct technical interactions with other departments. Organize and independently prioritize work and logically develop work plans. Troubleshoot, solve problems, and make logical decisions. Work effectively under pressure during peak operating periods. Above average ability to read, write, and speak English.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
Minimum 2 years of work experience performing desktop support duties.
Occasional exposure to shop environment may involve noise, dust, dirt and hazards from hand and power tools. Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week. Exposure to a computer CRT. Physical ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time may be required. Physical ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and occasionally lift up to 60 pounds. Ability to operate a computer keyboard. Ability to move freely throughout the department and buildings.