Position Details: Senior Tech Lead - 945710F
SENIOR TECH LEAD
Responsibilities and Skill Sets
A successful Tech Lead takes on responsibilities that sit with roles such as the Team Lead, the Architect and the Engineering Manager. They bring a unique blend of leadership and management skills applied in a technical context with a team of developers. The Tech Lead steers a team towards a common technical vision, even writing code part time.
Technical Leads provide solutions to technical issues, and are responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
- Maintaining a productive working environment for development teams.
- Acquiring appropriate budget estimates for development to support business goals.
- Representing the technology perspective on a management level.
- Establishes and/or co-ordinates programs of work (delivered through development).
- Mentor junior team members with the assistance of PM/Architect
- Flexible in working under changing and different work settings.
- Maintain high team morale.
- Adhere to company and project standards and guidelines.
- Accurate time accounting and reporting of own work.
- Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager.
- Pay high attention to detail in all work.
- Quality, on time delivery of agreed deliverables.
- Operate system in production and test environments.
- Debug issues found during testing and troubleshoot issues in production environment.
- Be an active participant in team meetings and process improvement.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to design solutions and resolve issues.
- Work with product owners to understand and raise questions about business requirements.
- · Conduct system wide requirement analysis.
- · Conduct module level work effort estimations and integrate for the whole system
- · Will work under the guidance of the PM/Architect/BA
- · Thoroughly understand the Requirements and Design.
- · Develop detailed design.
- · Design and implement automated unit testing framework as required
- · Use best practices and coding standards.
- · Conduct thorough unit testing using the automated unit test framework
- · Conduct peer-reviews and lead reviews and provide feedback
- · Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports.
- · Clarify all unknown areas.
- · Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, enhance and document components develop by self and others as per the requirements and detailed design
- · Conduct thorough unit testing and integration testing for the whole system
- · Conduct configuration and team management of own work.
- · Assist Project Lead/PM/BA in project coordination.
- · Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning with the project manager
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Strong with Java and Python
- Knowledge of Bash scripting and Linux OS
- Experience working in a continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) environment.
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies like AWS EC2, Lambda, IAM, CloudFormation, SQS, SNS, RDS or equivalent OpenStack, Google Cloud or Azure technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Cloud operations – running real workloads in the cloud and diagnosing and fixing problems
- Cloud architecture – loosely coupled systems, fault-tolerance, HA, scalability
- Cloud PaaS like AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku or Cloud Foundry
- Tools like Jenkins, Asgard, New Relic, Splunk, Puppet, Docker
- NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Creating and consuming Restful microservices
- Test driven development
- Netflix OSS stack
- Web frameworks like Grails, Play, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- INTEGRATION TESTING
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
- PROJECT MANAGER
- UNIT TESTING
- AMAZON DYNAMODB
- AMAZON ELASTIC COMPUTE CLOUD
- APACHE CASSANDRA
- ELASTIC BEANSTALK
- MANAGEMENT LEVEL
- MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER