Position Details: Senior Devops Engineer - 956112S
At client, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning (AAML) team, to help bring the machine learning requirements of these products to life.
As a Sr DevOps Engineer for AAML, you’ll be embedded on a feature team applying your development expertise to automate and provision infrastructure for our AAML squads.
Utilizing your experiences provisioning and monitoring infrastructure, you will play a key contributor role in all phases of the software development lifecycle. You will be a team member on an Agile team, building applications and services using multiple technologies. You'll collaborate with other software engineers, architects, and product owners to create solid solutions that support clients aggressive growth in the area of data. Using tools to have complete operational control of the service environments is the essence of this position. We expect you to have strong opinions, loosely held.
As a DevOps Engineer, some of your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Container orchestration using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Setup and maintain CI/CD web application server environments and pipelines
- Provision and maintain development and production infrastructure
- Support development teams with project builds, deployments and troubleshooting
- Design and implement reusable server provisioning.
- Continually look for automation opportunities to enable teams to move faster
- Strong experience in general infrastructure & security protocols like OAUTH, JWT.
- Extensive experience with container orchestration and associated tools (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) is a must
- AWS Experience- IAM, Security groups & policies, EC2, ELB/NLB/ALB, RDS, Route53 and working knowledge of DNS, CloudFront, VPC, subnets, routing, Fargate/ECS/EKS
- Proven experience in CI/CD products such as Jenkins
- Hands on experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- A solid understanding of Linux, especially with respect to managing web servers
- A solid understanding of and development experience with infrastructure as code.
- Basic knowledge of HTTP, SSL, SSH and DNS
- Understanding of source control concepts with GIT or similar
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work fluidly within a team, with changing requirements and business needs
- Experience working in an Agile team including Scrum, Kanban
- Experience serving in data science or machine learning environments.
- Experience with Python, java or other programming languages is a plus.
- Experience working with relational or NoSQL data stores including Hive, HBase, Dynamo
Education: Typically requires a bachelor’s or master degree in computer science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- APPLICATION SERVER
- DEV OPS
- DATA SCIENCE
- MACHINE LEARNING
- WEB APPLICATION SERVER
- AMAZON CLOUDFRONT
- AMAZON ELASTIC COMPUTE CLOUD
- APACHE HBASE
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- STRUCTURED SOFTWARE