Position Details: Application Engineer - 946931E
Sr. Application Engineer-Consumer Digital Technology
As a Sr. Application Engineer in the Store Solutions Team, you will be joining the global Direct-to-Consumer team to lay the groundwork for highly scalable solutions for client B&M stores. In this role, you are responsible for implementing solutions and automated processes that allow for rapid delivery of software. You will be part of an agile team responsible for delivering solutions that help run the global business processes within the four walls of the stores in over 20 countries. Some of the solutions that team works on includes Point of sale, In-store Payment and other key initiatives. This is a team that’s always on the offense, working on innovative solutions and creating opportunities and solutions for the business.
- As part of an agile team help develop large and complex project implementations.
- Create best practices and oversee the current engineering practices within the team.
- Coach and train other engineers within the team
- Advocate new technologies or solutions within and outside of the team.
- Work with rest of the team to create strategies and goals for the team.
- Incorporate the latest technologies to aid in developing high quality, scalable applications
Proven track record of:
- A track record of solving problems and getting things done in a fast pace, evolving environment
- Leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others
- Thinking and planning strategically, with ability to communicate the strategy to a large organization
- Delivering complex, cross functional IT projects and/or programs
- Pulling a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions
C#, WCF, MVC, XML, SQL, NUnit, Building RESTFul web services, White automation framework.
- Web API, Mock Framework, Dependency Injection, MSMQ, Windows Services,Agile Methodologies, Stash/Bitbucket.
- Continuous integration and deployment practices
- Point of Sale experience.
- Payment experience in working with multiple payment providers.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile development practice
- DATABASE DESIGN
- PROJECT MANAGER
- TEST PLANS
- APPLICATION SUPPORT
- PROBLEM SOLVING