Position Details: Principal Solution Architect - AI/ ML
- Evangelize break through analytics solutions through adoption of big data, cloud native technologies, Machine learning and AI
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to establish an architectural plan across multiple solution areas, in consideration of the product roadmaps
- Participate in design and engineering of data science applications solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Nike.
- Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making
- Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
Requirements for the Position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years in technology architect or engineering leadership roles
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Machine Learning, AI, Deep Learning
- 5+ years providing technical leadership to technical, business & cross-functional teams
- 7+ years in hands-on experience in software engineering with depth in data and analytics
- Experience with model development, management, and deployment in production.
- A solid understanding and experience managing high volume, variety and velocity data such as telemetry data from sensors, clickstream or unstructured data like images and speech.
- Experience implementing AI/ML applications such as recommendations, forecasts, and sentiments
- Solid experience in software development in languages like Java, Python etc. Experience working with RESTful API and streaming.
- Strong understanding of data and analytics solution architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, real time and batch data processing.
- Experience leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)