Position Details: Principal Solution Architect - 949605SE
Principal Solution Architect
Become a Part of the client Team
Client does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At client, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
client Global Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world’s largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate client's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Global Technology, there are no client products.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Solution Architecture space, join client’s Enterprise Architecture organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing client technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable client on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
The Solution Architecture team will partner and engage directly with business and technology leaders across domains in planning, creating, maintaining and executing solution approaches that are aligned to the roadmaps and architectural principles established by enterprise architecture.
As a Principal Solution Architect, you will be part of a highly visible team focused on aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands. You will deliver solution approaches that clearly describe the different views of an architecture required for implementation.
This role will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional leaders, technical leaders and executive stakeholders to understand long and short term business and technology strategies, provide thought leadership and engage in proactive planning of an executable technology roadmap. These roadmaps will address the strategic and tactical business and technology priorities as well as challenges and intended business outcomes. This role will also be responsible for helping to establish the practice of Solution Architecture within client and will bring broad experiences in driving quality and consistency in solution architecture approaches and deliverables enterprise wide.
- Leads, builds, manages, and enhances solution architectures for the HR domain
- Understands, communicates, and is an advocate for business and technology needs across all HR functions
- Leads solution optioning and recommendations around complex solutions for the HR domain.
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions that identify business solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
- Acts as an internal consultant to various functional leaders, technical leaders and executive stakeholders, and is committed to stakeholder success
- Works with cross-functional partners in various disciplines (Financial Planning, Workforce Planning, Diversity, Talent Management, etc.) to deliver against client’s transformative initiatives
- Works closely with Architecture Leadership and leaders to develop domain specific roadmaps and FROM-TO solution architectures
- Alignment with corporate strategies through strong business and technical thought leadership
- Develops solution architecture, recommendations, and roadmaps aligned with domain roadmaps, API- and Information-first principles, enterprise governance needs, and architectural standards
- Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Works closely with Reference Architecture and Enterprise Platform teams to drive prioritization of needed capabilities
- Develops and contributes to enterprise architectural standards, reference patterns, best practices and team growth
- Works with business and technology partners to promote governance, operational awareness and insights
- Identifies opportunities for new or transformative technologies and patterns, conducts proof-of-concepts and helps evolve technical maturity across the enterprise
- Effectively manages priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation
- 7+ years of experience in performing the responsibilities of solution architecture and technology roadmap creation
- 3+ years as a lead architect
- 10+ years combined hands-on engineering experience with public cloud, distributed computing, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and custom developed solutions
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in a matrixed environment
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in managing senior stakeholder relationship, partnership and interactions
- Extensive knowledge of privacy, regulatory, planning and financial concepts related to HR, including PII, compliance reporting and integrated planning
- Experience implementing and integrating with complex HR platforms
- Experience with SAP HCM
- Experience with SuccessFactors
- Experience with onboarding, talent management, and workforce planning is a bonus
- Willing to roll up sleeves to develop prototypes
- Expertise with Domain Driven Design
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Cloud Native Architecture
- Experience in designing and implementing resilient, secure and performant web services on cloud infrastructure
- Expertise with API Design and Modeling
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change