· Create realistic design specification documents from software requirements
· Plan and perform development tasks from design specifications
· Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
· Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to resolve software defects
· Participate in creating standards and ensuring team members adhere to standards, such as security patterns, logging patterns, etc.
· Perform code reviews of constructed software deliverables
· Collaborate with project architects and assist team members to prove the validity of new software technologies
· Engage and improve NWEA’s software development methodology.
· Promote AGILE processes among development and the business, including facilitation of scrums.
Skills and abilities
· Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including the application of design patterns and avoidance of anti-patterns
· Experience working in a collaborative team of application developers and source code repositories
· Ability to communicate and work effectively within priorities
· Ability to advocate ideas and to objectively participate in design critiques
· Ability to work under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to solve large scale complex problems
Education and experience
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered in lieu of a degree
· Exposure to AWS and Node.JS is a plus
· 4 - 7 plus years of progressive experience in a software development environment in high growth technology companies