Position Details: Application Support Specialist
R485 – Application Support Specialist
There is an outstanding opportunity at Viewpoint in Portland OR awaiting the right candidates. Come work for a dynamic, collaborative organization that is growing and in need of multiple motivated individuals.
Love software and working with people but looking for a new way to use your experience and knowledge? The Application Support Specialist serves as an important primary support liaison between the company and the customer and is responsible for resolving complex customer-related software issues associated with the use of Viewpoint’s construction accounting, service and project management software, as well as other point solutions.
With Viewpoint’s success comes opportunity for moving your career forward. Employee ideas, ambition and contributions are regularly rewarded. In addition, the support and respect you’ll receive from every level of the organization is unparalleled. The collaborative environment of our workspace, management doors are always open for discussions and thoughts about ways to improve our products and services. This serves our companywide goal of providing our customers the best, most innovative software solutions in the construction industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists customers with use of Viewpoint software core product(s) and point-solutions with specific focus on Vista.
- Monitors, tracks, and documents customer support calls and related activities in CRM system.
- Uses SQL Query, reporting tools, and spreadsheets to examine underlying data.
- Assists other departments with application issues and development of the software.
- Develops Knowledge Base articles to document troubleshooting steps and common solutions to frequent calls for use by customers and peers.
- Serves as an on-call resource for International calls as part of normal department rotation, as assigned.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of (Viewpoint) software products and remain expert on current product knowledge both from an internal and from a user perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with customers, actively listen; ability to always defuse situations rather than intensify one.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a strong customer-service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them clearly to individuals with varied backgrounds and skill levels.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, and customers.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in business, accounting or other relevant discipline and a minimum of two years’ experience in accounting or full-charge bookkeeping. An Associate’s degree with two (2) or more years of relevant work experience, or five (5) years of relevant industry experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong understanding of general business, accounting and HR principles, particularly employee self-service, timecard entry, and service management.
- Intermediate level of experience with core MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work within the coverage requirements of the Customer Support department, including on-call rotation.
- Construction industry experience, particularly in construction accounting, service management and/or project management is desirable but not required.
- Experience with complex computerized payroll systems a plus.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Type 40 WPM or better
- Knowledge of Microsoft Transact SQL
- Strong pattern recognition skills
Work takes place in an office setting. High stress levels may occur. This is a coverage position that requires the ability to maintain a predictable and full-time work schedule. The ability to sit and work at a keyboard for extended periods of time and communicate with team members by phone, computer, and video teleconferencing is required.