Position Details: Scrum Master - 963242E
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Operates as a team-based servant leader in service to the team’s needs.
- Ensures the team is practicing Agile principles.
- Partners with, coaches and supports Product Owner in managing the backlog to ensure it is properly prioritized and appropriately sized.
- Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demos).
- Establishes, tracks and communicates agile metrics (such as team velocity and sprint progress/burn down chart) to team, management and any impacted stakeholders.
- Facilitates alignment and assists Product Owner and Delivery Team with making appropriate commitments.
- Identifies, removes and/or escalates risks, roadblocks and cross team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team and interfere with the team’s ability to deliver commitments.
- Accountable for promoting continuous improvement by coaching the team to use metrics to identify and measure progress.
- Participates with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and cross-scrum collaboration on delivery execution.
- Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics.
- Helps the Team to focus on delivery of high quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence.
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
5 years relevant work experience
- Familiarity or experience with other agile methodologies such as LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- In-depth understanding of Agile Principles and how they’re applied in workplace culture
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills within teams and groups
- Experience resolving issues across teams
- Effective communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the team’s ecosystem to help team overcome roadblocks
Relevant certification in the field preferred (examples below)
Professional Scrum Master (PSM I)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- BUSINESS CASE
- PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- VENDOR AGREEMENTS
- VENDOR CONTRACTS