Position Details: Technical Customer Support Manager
R530 Customer Support Manager
The Support Manager manages the support staff and is responsible for insuring high-quality support to our customers and is responsible for the efficient management of a diverse team. This position requires exceptional skills in attention to detail, problem-solving, communication, innovation and leadership to be the world-class support organization.
- Manages personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary).
- Provides the highest levels of job satisfaction by helping every team member understand job expectations, responsibilities and company and department goals.
- Partnering with other parts of the organization such as Engineering, Sales, Product and Professional Services on the product, process improvements based on information gathered from customer support experiences.
- Establishing, tracking and reporting on customer service level agreements to ensure delivery best-in-class support to our customers and Partners.
- Responsible for performance planning and appraisals and career development activities.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of the support staff.
- Shares responsibility for staff training and development.
- Assists in administering company policies, procedures, functions, and activities of the Viewpoint Support Department.
- Assists staff with difficult and complex applications, systems, and technical calls.
- Responsible for the support call queue, ensuring calls are handled efficiently and accurately.
- Shares responsibility for scheduling, call monitoring and handles escalated customer calls.
- Reviews closed calls, works with staff to correct errors and/or add additional information.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Effectively develops and uses a systematic approach to analyze and solve problems. Acts proactively to anticipate risk and seeks to mitigate them before they occur.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment.
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to ensuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Uses ethical principles to guide decisions and actions; demonstrates honesty and integrity in managing people and resources; and treats others with respect, fairness, and concern for their welfare.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits a willingness to try new things.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to work with tight schedules and fast-paced environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business or software engineering and a minimum of seven years of relevant experience in software support with at least one year at the management level or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to effectively direct the company's support operations.
- High knowledge and previous experience in customer support.
- Strong technical skills with a variety of business software tools including MS Office applications.
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills.
- Experience in hiring and developing teams for enterprise-level technical support.
- Experience working with Platform teams, CloudOps and SQL Admin teams.
- Managed Remote teams.
- Strong experience in managing highly technical resources.
- Has worked for a company that has SaaS products and cloud implementations.