Position Details: Linux Windows Server Administrator
Tableau Server Administrator
Client’s Enterprise Platforms team is seeking aTableau Server Administrator to join our team.
As part of the Platforms team, this person is responsible for installation, configuration and administration of the Tableau server and ancillary applications. Duties will include establishing best practice methodologies for the administration of the Tableau platform. This position involves the design and development of the BI/Tableau infrastructure, data source management, security (user access), change control of Tableau objects and overall Tableau support. Tableau Server and Windows admin experience is highly recommended.
- Minimum 2 years of Tableau Server administration
- Minimum 2 years of Windows Server administration
- Development experience in the Tableau environment
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancer and Network firewall
- Experience configuring Single Sign-on (SSO) with SAML authentication
- Proficient in Tableau command line utility
- Good understanding of database concepts including writing SQL statements
- Experience with Jira in managing tasks and good understanding of Agile process
Strong troubleshooting skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related fields or equivalent work experience
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures.
- Participate in providing technology assessments in support of automation and Platform migration/Upgrades initiatives.
- Implement/maintain IT security guidelines to meet EAP's compliance standards.
- Automating operational processes including developing monitoring and Metadata
- Develop automated test scenarios and environments for performance testing.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to troubleshoot and resolve platform issues and manage enterprise incidents.
- Write knowledge base documents to improve operations, SOP and mentor operations team to help them resolve production/critical issues.
- Troubleshoot and assist onboarding teams on content migration issues.
- Participate on 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Participate in root cause analysis and investigation of major platform problems and incidents.