Position Details: Product Manager - 982864O
- Product lifecycle: Owns the end to end execution and delivery of a feature or a set of features on the product roadmap. Works with resources across, (and potentially outside) the organization from design to delivery to launch. Manage delivery challenges and define physical retail pilot/rollout strategies. Make thoughtful decisions on the fly, constantly clearing roadblocks to getting your product live.
- On-Going Delivery: Accountable for measurement, planning and on-going enhancements of feature(s).
- Process: Facilitates process mapping, gap analysis, data and how to help assess business implications of feature, tool, or platform.
- Prioritization: Effectively design project plans based on priorities, set clear/measurable objectives and deploy team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Product Specifications: Write and consult on product specifications, user stories, manage design challenges and execute agile product delivery.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with both digital and functional teams to bring your product to life. Key partners include Store Operations, and Client Direct Engineering.
- Analytics and Experimentation: Measure clear product KPIs, derive key insights, and devise and execute proof-of-concept executions to learn. Captures metrics to measure how features are performing and how they can be improved, including trend line analysis, multivariate analysis, etc. Ensures on-going monitoring of post-launch results through analysis and reporting.
- Industry Analysis. Continuously monitor and share emerging technology trends, competitive experiences and best-of-breed physical+digital executions.
- Has experience in working with service teams and basic understanding of REST API’s.
- Experienced product manager with 3+ years of digital or retail product background. Proven success stories in launching features with measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrated success working with various, cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget with limited direction.
- Examples of successful working relationships and processes with engineering, design and product teams.
- Proven ability to develop effective product specifications, including user stories and detailed requirements. Can visually depict the desired consumer journey to communicate to business, design, and engineering.
- Ability to develop supporting operational processes and guidelines to support users for on-going delivery.
- Strong analytical skills with supporting examples of using metrics in all aspects of the product lifecycle.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, high growth environment. Results-driven with the ability to anticipate needs, innovate, multi-task. Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs.
- An assertive, direct communication style, with the ability to inspire and motivate others across the company. Collaborative, energetic and hands-on team player.
- Strong passion for creating engaging, compelling retail experiences for consumers and store athletes.
- Ability to work in JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge on AWS will be a plus.
Hot Skill (Java, .net, SAP, PeopleSoft). Typical Office: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action
- Experience operating in Agile/SCRUM delivery methodology
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with high performing, cross-functional teams
Education: Typically requires a Bachelors Degree and minimum of 6 years directly relevant work experience
Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 3 yrs; Masters + 4 yrs; Associates degree + 6 yrs; High School + 7 yrs.
- PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT
- PRODUCT ROADMAP
- PRODUCT MANAGER
- BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS