Position Details: Software Engineer- 983125F
Software Engineer - Marketing Analytics
Does supporting a critical consumer facing marketing initiative at client interest you? If so, join the marketing analysis team in the client Engineering organization to be at the forefront of this effort!
client does more than gear-up the world's best athletes. client is a place to explore your potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. At client , it's about bringing your skills and talents to a challenging and constantly evolving game in a supportive work environment.
Our Engineering Environment
Our code is written in a variety of languages (Java, Scala, JavaScipt, or Go) on different stacks. Our production code is deployed on Amazon's AWS infrastructure. We tend to prefer strong-typing and functional style over imperative style in our code. Our architecture is focused on reliability, favoring asynchronous approaches to ensure resiliency and availability.
We practice continuous delivery - every merged pull request goes directly to production with appropriate feature flagging. Our infrastructure is automated.
We collaborate to help each other grow our knowledge and engineering practices, encouraging frequent demos, knowledge sharing sessions, and mentoring relationships where it proves helpful to both the individual and team success.
As a member of the team, you’ll be expected to:
- Partner with engineers on other teams to build out capabilities to support in support of organization-wide needs.
- Successfully operate within our engineering environment and help it evolve over time.
- Review your peers' technical designs, code, and tests, giving supportive feedback and asking good questions.
- Work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring.
- Leverage your interest in data and data analysis to understand our consumers and how they engage with our ecosystem.
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Partner with other engineering and product teams to loosely couple and scale the service ecosystem.
Traits of the ideal person for this job:
- You enjoy opportunities to work on diverse technologies and problems.
- You enjoy working with folks on different teams to help solve shared problems.
- Your experience level could be anywhere from junior to lead, but you bring maturity and thoughtfulness to your day-to-day work.
- You have relevant professional experience or a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, (or another relevant field) with good working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms.
- Your knowledge about data analysis, databases and related data storage paradigms, programming languages, and frameworks informs your decisions.
- You understand scalable, highly available, and eventually consistent distributed systems.
- You are familiar with streaming architectures.
- You enjoy writing code in service of solving problems.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You value collaboration and interaction with your teammates and colleagues, defaulting to sharing early and looking for help when needed over delivering perfect results.