Position Details: Senior Software Engineer-983087E
Typical Office: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
AS A MEMBER OF THE TEAM, YOU'LL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Successfully operate within our engineering environment and help it evolve over time.
- Review your peers' technical designs, code, and tests, giving supportive feedback and asking good questions.
- Work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring.
- Leverage your interest in data and data analysis to understand our consumers and how they engage with our ecosystem.
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Partner with other engineering and product teams to loosely couple and scale the service ecosystem.
- Work with teams dedicated to content management, membership, notification delivery, and digital marketing.
TRAITS OF THE IDEAL PERSON FOR THIS JOB:
- You love to learn, grow, and effectively bring new ideas into the group.
- Your experience level could be anywhere from junior to lead, but you bring maturity and thoughtfulness to your day-to-day work.
- You have relevant professional experience or a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, (or another relevant field) with good working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms.
- You can design and build web services and event processors using AWS and JVM technologies.
- Your broad spectrum of knowledge about data analysis, databases and related data storage paradigms, programming languages, and frameworks informs your decisions.
- You understand scalable, highly available, and eventually consistent distributed systems.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You value collaboration and interaction with your teammates and colleagues, defaulting to sharing early and looking for help when needed over delivering perfect results.