Client is looking for a Senior Java engineer to develop a digital cloud platform that elevates Brick and Mortar retail experiences to the next level. The programs you write will enable Client retail associates to better serve our customers by knowing our customers better and unlocking exclusive member services.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and technically savvy engineer to join a highly performing team working in fast paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will be test infected with a passion to develop quality software and an eye for continuously improving our processes and software.
• Provide technical expertise in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities.
• Provide strong technical expertise in distributed or Micro-services based architecture, ideally with deployment to a cloud based infrastructure
• Drive for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, usability, and availability of the platform.
• Leverage agile methodology concepts for delivery and continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
• 6 years of experience in engineering, IT, or a related field
• 2 years of additional experience required in lieu of a degree
• Experience with delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment – Agile, SCRUM.
• Experience writing RESTful services using SpringBoot
• Experience working with AWS cloud services especially EC2 and Lambda
• Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB or similar)
• Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills