Position Details: SOFTWARE ENGINEER(.NET and Java)
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is experienced and introspective. You have extensive experience developing software products and services across a variety of tools, frameworks, and environments. You recognize your strengths and also know when to reach out for help
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for solving interesting technology problems with creative and simple solutions.
- Is pragmatic. You’d rather deliver a 40% solution in 2 weeks than an 80% solution in six
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with fellow engineers, but also know how to partner across departments to get things done
- Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You’re all about using technology to improve the customer experience and affect the company’s bottom line, but also want to mentor and coach those within your team
What you’ll do all day:
- Deliver results. Collaborate with those around you to produce lean, pragmatic solutions in a predictable and transparent way. Using modern tools and techniques with lightweight agile process, you will join a team of engineers writing, reviewing and shipping high-impact solutions for client customers.
- Become an expert. You’ll be a strong backend engineer, but also learn the industry and earn your Ph.D. in client products, tools, and software stack
- Blaze trails. Discover and define business and technical requirements for new features and products
- Live the culture. Embody the client company values and work to positively impact those around you
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. client is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You’ll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won’t be just another talented engineer chained to a desk slinging lines of code.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes “predictable.” The way we approach and work with technology is cutting edge. If you like “how it’s always been done,” you may not like working on this team.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- You’re a tech snob. Though we commonly use Java8 on Linux, we deal with all technology – Linux and Windows; .NET and Java; SQL and noSQL (mongoDB); RabbitMQ and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it. If you’re wed to a particular shop, you may not like working for us.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- 8-10 years of experience in software engineering
- Deep expertise in Java (strong .NET experience with interest in working in Java can be considered)
- Ability to learn new things (languages, tools, frameworks) very quickly.
- Expertise working with databases (SQL and/or noSQL)
- Proficient using version control systems
- Proficient with software test and automation tools
- Readiness to travel occasionally
- Experience with Rest, Micro Services, and Object Orient
- Experience with noSQL databases preferred
- Proficient in Git and automated build/deploy environments preferred
- Experience with service-oriented architectures preferred
- Familiarity with functional programming preferred
- Financial services background preferred