Position Details: Software Engineer (Java, C#, C++)
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We're a leader in the space. Client is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We've got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently.You'll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact.You'll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won't be just another talented engineer chained to a desk slinging lines of code.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don't like change. This is not a job for someone who likes "predictable." The way we approach and work with technology is cutting edge. If you like "how it's always been done," you may not like working on this team.
- You're not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- You're a tech snob. Though we commonly use Java8 on Linux, we deal with all technology – Linux and Windows; .NET and Java; SQL and noSQL (mongoDB); RabbitMQ and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it. If you're wed to a particular shop, you may not like working for us.
The skills you'll need to succeed:
- 8-10 years of experience in software engineering
- Deep expertise in at least one modern language (Java, C#, C++)
- Ability to learn new things (languages, tools, frameworks) very quickly.
- Expertise working with databases (SQL and/or noSQL)
- Proficient using version control systems
- Proficient with software test and automation tools
- Readiness to travel occasionally
- Proficient in Java preferred
- Experience with noSQL databases preferred
- Proficient in Git and automated build/deploy environments preferred
- Experience with service-oriented architectures preferred
- Familiarity with functional programming preferred
- Financial services background preferred