This is an incredible opportunity for a Front End Developer who will work closely with software development and business teams graphical user interfaces for customers of client Clearing's suite of financial back office solutions.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is experienced and introspective. You have extensive experience developing graphical user interfaces (UI) across a variety of tools, frameworks, and environments. You recognize your strengths and also know when to reach out for help
- Is passionate.You are grounded in user-centered design and UX principles. You have a genuine passion for solving interesting user problems with creative and simple solutions.
- Is pragmatic. You'd rather deliver a 40% solution in 2 weeks than an 80% solution in six
- Is collaborative. You're excited to work with fellow engineers, but also know how to partner across departments to get things done
- Wants to make an impact. You're looking to do amazing work. You're all about using technology to improve the customer experience and affect the company's bottom line, but also want to mentor and coach those within your team
What you'll do all day:
- Deliver results. Collaborate with those around you to produce lean, pragmatic solutions in a predictable and transparent way. Using modern tools and techniques with lightweight agile process, you will join a team of engineers writing, reviewing and shipping high-impact solutions for client customers.
- Become an expert. You'll be a strong frontend engineer, but also learn the industry and earn your Ph.D. in clinet products, tools, and software stack
- Blaze trails.Discover and define business and technical requirements for new features and products
- Live the culture.Embody the client company values and work to positively impact those around you
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We're a leader in the space. client is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We've got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently.You'll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact.You'll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won't be just another talented engineer chained to a desk slinging lines of code.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don't like change. This is not a job for someone who likes "predictable." The way we approach and work with technology is cutting edge. If you like "how it's always been done," you may not like working on this team.
- You're not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- You're a tech snob. Though we commonly use React and Bootstrap, we deal with all technology – Angular.js 1.x and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it. If you're wed to a particular shop, you may not like working for us.
The skills you'll need to succeed:
- 2+ years of experience in front-end software engineering
- Relevant experience in React/Redux.
- Experience with front-end testing, we use Jest.
- Familiarity with functional programming preferred.
- Angular 1.x experience is a plus (we have some legacy apps that we are rewriting).
- Availability for occasional travel.