Client is looking for a Senior Web Engineer to join our team of engineers developing and deploying cloud-based web applications for our Retail Product Engineering team.
As a Senior Front-end developer, you will be a prolific code contributor and will be expected to demonstrate code and product ownership. You will be responsible for working with your manager and team lead to help set the technical direction for the team, including identification of all tasks and the dependencies between tasks and features. You will ensure that all the work being done meets best practices and industry standards. You will be expected to write unit tests, and will assist in troubleshooting and resolving production issues escalated from customer support.
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve cloud-based web applications the Feeds Client Digital team.
* Peer review technical designs, code and tests to keep the entire team focused on being the best they can be.
* Harness your inner DevOps skills to automate your application deployments so they’re fully repeatable. (Experience using Webpack / Node / AWS is a plus.)
* Performance tune your work to ensure we deliver the fastest web experience to all consumers across the globe.
* Partner with architects and distributed teams to ensure web applications stay loosely coupled and independently scalable.
* Automate testing of all of your components to ensure we have excellent test coverage with quality assertions.
* BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or 2 years equivalent professional experience
* Basic Linux and command line skills.
* Experience with HTML5, including accessibility.
* Experience with CSS, including cross-browser compliance
* Experience with browser APIs, including a working knowledge of event lifecycles and performance optimization.
* Experience with Single Sign On integrations (i.e. Okta, One Login) is a plus.
* Experience with frameworks like React and Angular is a plus.
* Web testing framework and unit test frameworks is a plus.
* Experience with Node.js, Babel is a plus
* AWS or other cloud skills a plus
* Docker, Jenkins experience a plus
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
* High degree of autonomy.
* Tolerance to quickly evolving requirements.