Position Details: Systems Engineer -15772
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide production centric architectural and operational oversight for the development of new or enhanced services and/or products.
- Engineers, configures, and assists in the architecting of complex technical solutions for applications/systems implementations and upgrades based on specific business requirements. Solutions may be new, existing, in-house, third party or a combination.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company’s products. Assists in the formulation and execution of test plans for Proof of Concepts.
- Performs day-to-day and complex system administration and monitoring tasks for assigned systems. Works with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve technical system problems in a timely manner with a primary focus on complex problems.
- Performs development, QA and product teams by providing high-level analysis and datacenter environment based design reviews, performance, scalability and benchmark test guidance, and subject matter expertise in technology and design.
- Performs other duties as required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
• BS or equivalent work experience required
Job Related Experience:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting enterprise level software.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a .Net based development environment.
• Experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server and IIS.
• Strong understanding of network topologies and protocols.
• Experience supporting Java applications is a plus.
• Ability to understand cloud solutions preferred.
• Good understanding of virtualization.
• Limited travel may be required (less than 5%)
• MCSA or MCSE certification desired.
• ITIL certification