• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
or a high school diploma and 8 years of relevant work experience.
Job Related Experience:
• 6+ years of relevant work experience delivering enterprise customer facing solutions.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience designing and building enterprise class distributed systems.
• Must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation
of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis,
application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution
• Extensive understanding and experience in technology areas for
Mainframe and Distributed platforms, networking, databases, HA/DR,
security, PCI compliance, and other IT regulations
• Previous Infrastructure/System Engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
• Expert level technical skill in one or more technology disciplines (Windows or Web Methods).
• Recent experience leading the technical design of high transaction volume distributed systems or other complex projects.
• Architecture Experience with the following Enterprise
Technologies: WAN & LAN, Security, Firewall, XML Gateway,
Virtualization, HA/DR, SOA
• Experience with application architectures and standards (SOA, N-tier,.NET, Web 2.0, SDLC, RUP, J2EE, etc.)
• Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior
managers, and project managers to design and assist with the
implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
• Experience leading and communicating with highly technical engineers and senior leadership.
• Experience effectively managing multiple technology projects simultaneously.
• Ability to move projects forward, prioritize tasks and resolve project issues with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with the Microsoft suite of tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
• High level of organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance.
• Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
• Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner.
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence.
• Experience designing and implementing high transaction volume distributed systems.
• Certifications engineering and Design level certification for one
or more of the following technical disciplines (Red Hat Linux, Microsoft
Windows Server, Software AG Web Methods.)
• Previous Infrastructure/System engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
• Experience in an e-Commerce environment.
• ITIL certified.