• . Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field OR a High School diploma and 8+ years of professional work experience in a related role.
Certifications: (If applicable)
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certifications are a plus.
Job Related Experience:
Years of experience – 5+ Experience with IP designs, NAT, IP routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP), Spanning-tree, HSRP
o Experience with Cisco: Cisco IOS, Cisco Catalyst / Nexus Product Lines, Cisco CSS/ACE, Cisco VSS, F5, NetScaler
o Experience with the HP Network Automation tool is a plus.
o Experience with designing high-available networks, including both system and component level redundancy and the associated technologies to accomplish HA.
o Experience with layer 2 technologies.
o Experience with establishing vendor and/or service selection criteria to make product and other technology related selections and document the entire process as well as present the selection to a committee of peers.
o Experience with technology or feature testing in a lab and other environments.
o Experience working in a structured environment that requires change control processes in accordance with company policies, for execution of implementations and changes to the network environment, as it relates to the installation of the data center network.
o Experience with creating, updating and coordinating the implementation plan for all network related items.
o Experience providing connectivity to systems from one data center to another, involving IP design, NAT scheme, routing scheme and overall architecture.
o Knowledge of firewall technology also is a must.
o Experience with data center networking in a virtualized server environment (VMWare) is a plus.
Additional Skills/Knowledge: (Optional)
• Firewall Configuration / Management Experience
• Experience in managing a multi-tenant data center environment.
• Knowledge of MS Visio to document network designs.
• Experience with networking virtualized server systems in a large data center environment is a plus.
• Passion to stay current with industry standards, new technologies and best practices through attending extensive training and performing research.
• High organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
• Experience administering network automation tools
• Ability to document test plans.