Position Details: Site Reliability Engineer - Monitoring Specialist (767787F)
We are looking for talented and passionate monitoring site reliability engineers.
- Previous experience working in a production support or monitoring operations role
- Previous experience developing and driving real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Direct experience working with Splunk, New Relic and / or Signal FX
- Ability to collaborate with and consult other Client teams
- Strong documentation skills
- Must have a strong knowledge of the datacenter infrastructure and cloud platforms.
- Must have a strong background and knowledge of websites and REST APIs.
- Ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Previous experience with developing and driving real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Working understanding of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management
- Prior experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering and automation tools
- Highly confident and capable in reporting and communicating high value metrics to leadership. Deep understanding of the business landscape and how site reliability influences our consumers.
- 1-3 years’ technical experience working with consumer facing (e-commerce) software applications in the Cloud using AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Basic understanding of DNS, Networking, Virtualization, Linux, Windows
- Basic understanding of monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK Stack, New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Datadog, ExtraHop, or SolarWinds
- Background with ITIL or Lean a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or a related field; MBA a plus. 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.