Senior Project/Program Manager ensures predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Senior Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor larger scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. The Senior Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects can span multiple business units or functional areas. The Senior Project Manager is expected to work under minimal supervision with oversight provided by the Director, Corporate Systems PMO within ETG.
1. Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
2. Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
3. Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
4. Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
5. Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
6. Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
7. Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
8. Facilitate alignment and approach for all related Fiserv business areas to meet One Fiserv Objectives.
9. Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in business or equivalent work experience
• Experience rolling out Enterprise applications, specifically experience managing complex technology/infrastructure projects is highly desirable
• 7-10 years of previous project management and/or relevant consulting experience
• Knowledge of- and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycles
• Experience with Data Center Migration and Office moves required
• Experience with M&A activities (technology related) highly desirable
• Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
• Experience in driving large scale enterprise efforts
• Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams