As a IT Security Engineer, you will use extensive knowledge of international standards, industry best practices, professional experience, collaboration and good judgment to implement a business focused information security strategic roadmap. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining security technology footprint which allows Client to move rapidly and securely into new business enabling technologies.
- Work with Business IT teams to continually improve the security posture of their application and solution portfolios.
- Deployment of security tools and capabilities across a globally distributed environment.
- Help develop and integrate various existing platforms and tools, API automation
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations to streamline process and automate daily tasks
- Work with peers throughout Client Inc. to collect input on needed security capabilities
- Gain understanding of the effectiveness of security policies and technologies.
- Staying current on security technologies, trends, standards and best practices
- Continually update relevant security skills
- DevOps experience (3-5yr)
- Knowledge of information security standards, principles and practices (1-3yr)
- Demonstrated relevant security expertise in implementing secure solutions and services for a mix of the following areas:
· API Automation and integration
· Server Operating Systems (Windows / Linux)
· Workstation Operating Systems (Windows / MacOS)
· SIEM Technologies
· Shell Scripting (Python, Bash, Perl, etc)
- In addition knowledge in the following areas are highly desirable:
· Deep understanding of Linux administration, automation
· Experience with endpoint deployment methods on both Windows and MacOS using SCCM and JAMF
· Application Security
· Cloud Security Technologies (AWS/Azure)
- This role must be proficient at the techniques that go into the implementation of solution architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and implementation.
- The ability to assess risk and translate it to business relevant considerations and facts
- The ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Proven analytical and problem solving ability
- Superior communication, ability to explain complex concepts in plain language and graphics
- Excellent organization, and interpersonal skills with the ability to appropriately communicate and translate complex security risks to dollars
- Ability to balance and prioritize work
- Must be trustworthy in keeping sensitive data confidential