Position Details: Computer Operator -15897
In this role, you'll help monitor technology responsible for processing Fiserv batch jobs and core services. You will influence the success of the companies across the globe. Members of the Production Control team are experts in building new tasks to process on Windows 2008 and 2012 and providing break fix support for applications. Position will be part of a team that provides critical batch processing support, working as a functional member across multiple team units to achieve success. About the Business This role is to fill a critical position within Fiserv Output business unit serving a large number of financial institutions and healthcare providers. The primary focus of the Austin business unit is to ensure that customer file processing is successfully processed and posted to web portals for clients and their customers use. Reporting Relationships Reports to: Manager Computer Operations
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 Server operating systems
- Data migration experience
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Windows directory structuring
- Active directory, a working understanding
- In-depth understanding of batch processing using SQL, Windows Scheduler and Winbatch
- Job Monitoring and alerting
- Troubleshooting server and batch abends
- VMware experience a plus
- Deep experience in Windows 2008 R2 and Windows server 2012 R2
- Experience with Active Directory and related services
- o DNS
- o DHCP
- Experience in a multi-domain environment
- Experience implementing automated tasks on Windows 2008 and Windows 2012
- Good command of FTP software
- Excellent verbal and written Communication skills
- Ability to write and update concise and logical documentation
- Able to communicate efficiently with management
- Able to work with team members, at all levels, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and system goals and to identify and resolve business batch processing issues timely.
- Windows certification is a plus. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Windows serve 2008/2012, file share access, and support.
- Experience with Windows active directory
- Experience with Winbatch or another scheduling system for processing customer data.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills using Windows 2008 and 2012.
- Knowledge of FTP Education
- Associates degree in Computer Science, or total job experience will be considered as an equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred