As an Operational Intelligence Cloud MonitoringEngineer, you will workwith a variety of talented teammates and serve as a driving force forperformance& operational excellence, providing intelligent proactivemonitoring solutions to ensure end-to-end insight to mission criticalapplications for all Client teams.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
· Serve in the role of technical subject matterexpert, refining requirements for monitoring and event management tools andparticipate in the development of an integrated monitoring/event managementtooling strategy and architecture.
· Collaborate with teams in development, quality, andoperations to define & implement scalable solutions that satisfy near- andlong-term monitoring needs.
· Improve the standards of the consumer experienceby providing visibility into a system’s performance.
· Share your monitoring expertise to enable &support groups that require performance and troubleshooting guidance.
· Participate in design, documentation&implementation of monitoring and data streaming solutions.
· Plan, engineer, and implement robust andcost-effective computing environments.
· Participate in process development withcustomers and service providers.
· Influence & enable release & qualityteams to enhance deployment pipelines.
· Interact with peers &customers to promotebest practices and influence architecture to be cloud-native.
· Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processesto varying stakeholders.
· Be an advocate & example for DevOps &SRE culture & practice.
· Keep up to date with industry trends and bestpractices.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’sdegree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, BusinessAdministration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of educationand related work experience.
· 5+years of experience with implementation, operations, &maintenance ofcloud-based IT systems and/or administration of software functions inmulti-platform and multi-system environments.
· Deepunderstanding of the Linux Operating System, including Kernel, Memory, Process,Threads, Static / Shared Libraries, IPC, Signals.
· Experiencewith logging and security best-practice, system documentation, and designs.
· Passionateand sensible about monitoring.
· Orchestrationtools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Cfengine, etc.
· Excellentdiagnostic and root cause analysis abilities.
· Commandover scripting languages such as Shell (Bash), PHP, Python, Perl, etc.
· Understandingof standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP,ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting and Load Balancing.
· Experienceimplementing, delivering, & managing monitoring solutions in development,QA, and Production environments.
· Well-versedin multi-tier web application architecture.
· Experiencedwith cloud-native middleware technologies for messaging, caching, services etc.
· Provenexperience using industry standard tools such as New Relic, SignalFX, AppDynamics,CloudWatch, Datadog, Dynatrace, ServiceWatch, Splunk, etc.
· Agileand learning mindset with strong team building& teamwork skills.
· Solidfoundation in computer and operating systems, understanding performancemetrics, statistical calculations, systems troubleshooting, runbook automation.
· Strongcommunication skills and ability to interact with management and all teamsinvolved in the operational or development process.
· Priorexperience in system administration functions (server, network, database,storage etc.)
· Workexperience & understanding of challenges in containerized environments, e.g.kubernetes cluster monitoring & CI/CD integration challenges.
· Experienceworking with high traffic websites, updating, monitoring, and maintenancestrategies.
· UtilizingMicroservices, SOA patterns and REST.
· RDBMSand NoSQL database development and administration (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB).
· Developingin a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application environment.
· Priorexperience managing SaaS vendors.