Primary Job Duties:
Software engineering position. They are fairly flexible in terms of experience level, so somewhere between a mid-level and senior level would be good. Maybe even Junior, if talented. Day to day: Writing software for platform services, participating in requests, reviewing code, providing feedback on designs, operating the SW that they deliver
AWS, code written in Scala, lots of tooling in Ruby and in Python, pretty typical environment except in for how Scala is used for everything, AKKA as a framework. These are atypical. Manager will be looking for someone who ideally has Scala and Akka, otherwise those who are able to learn new technologies.
• What are the skills that would make a candidate successful in this role? (Successful in the past/absolutely not looking for in a candidate)
Ideally, we’d like somebody who knows our tech stack, but it’s more important to find somebody who can and wants to learn it.
Team is not in a position where things change rapidly, but definitely must be able to turn ambiguous things to less ambiguous things, which is part of the communication skills.
• Are you open to candidates who will be relocating for this position/work remotely?
If they are willing to relocate on their own expense, he is willing to consider.
• Would you describe your plans for the interview process?
Interview process: Manager will do a prelim phone chat, then if they may be a good fit based off of that, the Manager will send a coding problem for them to complete. This will be used for the discussion during their onsite interview with the manager and 2 more panels from the team.
## As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Successfully operate within our engineering environment and help evolve it over time.
- Review your peers technical designs, code, and tests.
- Work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring.
- Leverage your database knowledge to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance.
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Partner with other engineering and product teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable.
- Work with teams dedicated to mobile development, physiological science, and user experience.
## We're looking for someone passionate, someone who has these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
- Creating RESTful APIs
- Working with a variety of database paradigms.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) hosting and managed services.
- Scalable, reliable, and eventually consistent distributed systems.
- Relevant professional experience or a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms