Client is embracing BigData technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our HadoopEngineering team to keep pace. As a Sr. BigdataDatascience developer you will work with a variety of talented Client teammatesand be a driving force for building solutions for Client Digital. You will be working on development projectsrelated to consumer behavior, commerce, and web analytics.
· Designand implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop,Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem. Ability to design and implement end to endsolution.
· Buildutilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flowpatterns.
· Research,evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around Hadoopand other elements in the Big Data space.
· Build andincorporate automated unit tests, participate in integration testing efforts.
· Work withteams to resolving operational & performance issues
· Work witharchitecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions areimplements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
· MS/BSdegree in a computer science field or related discipline
· 6+ years’experience in large-scale software development
· 2+ yearexperience in Data Science
· Strongdevelopment skills around Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive
· StrongJava programming, Python, shell scripting, and SQL
· Goodunderstanding of file formats including Parquet, Avro, JSONand others
· Goodunderstanding ofR, TensorFlow, SAS or similar
· Experiencewith performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
· Experience(at least familiarity) with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETLdevelopment
· Provenability to work cross functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
Nice to have:
· Experiencewith AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
· Machinelearning frameworks