· Linux: 5 or more years in Unixsystems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu.
· AWS: Working experience andgood understanding of the AWS environment, including VPC, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS,SQS, Cloud Formation, Lambda and HBase.
- Networking: Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP and HTTPS, load-balancers (ELB, HAProxy), NGINX and high availability architecture.
· Programming: Experience programmingwith AWS lambda, Python, node.js, Bash, REST APIs, and JSON encoding.
· DevOps Automation: Experience with DevOps-Orchestration/Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (Jenkins,CircleCI,Atlantis, Puppet, Jenkins, Troposphere, Terraform, etc.).
· ELK stack: Experience with settingup ELK stack for Analytics.
· Version Control: Working experience with oneor more version control platforms (Bitbucket, Git).
- AWS EMR: Experience in Amazon EMR cluster configuration.
- ETL: Job scheduler experience like Airflow or Data Pipeline. Nice to have Airflow experience.
- Security: Experience implementing role based security, including AD integration, security policies, and auditing in a Linux/Hadoop/AWS environment.
- Backup/Recovery: Experience with the design and implementation of big data backup / recovery solutions.
- Ability to keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating system, patches, and version upgrades as required.
- Lead other admins and platform engineers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs.
- Research and deploy new tools and frameworks to build a sustainable big data platform.
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams to deliver results.
Nice to have
· Hadoop: 1 year operationalexperience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Impala,Sentry, HDFS).
- Monitoring: Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Nagios or Splunk.
· MS/BSin Computer Science or related field.