- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self organization
- Guiding the team on self organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and
coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is
sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be
raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an
emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for
a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum
principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation,
situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement,
empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for
filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example:
numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling