Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Manage all aspects of malware investigations to completion, including: threat hunting, Carbon Black review, MalwareBytes review, and remediation as required.
2. Work closely with end-users to diagnose and remediate malware related issues.
3. Assist in the coordination of changes/modifications/updates in various Anti-virus solutions.
4. Track service tickets associated with individual cases.
5. Stay abreast of the threat landscape and notify specific groups of any warnings or potential dangers.
6. Monitors operations to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
7. Coordinates implementation of vendor-issued security software updates.
8. Stays abreast of evolving information systems and data malware tools.
9. Protects the company from potential legal litigation and produces accurate results from digital evidence.
10. Performs other duties as required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
• The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with the following operating systems: Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX.
• Thorough understanding of malware, including trends, workflow, and analysis.
• Current understanding of all policies and procedures surrounding malware.
• Thorough understanding of information systems security; network architecture; general database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; electronic mail systems, such as Exchange and Microsoft Office applications.
• Understanding of firewalls and proxies; virus prevention and remediation; fundamental knowledge of Access control, encryption and security event log analysis.
• Proficiency in conducting live analysis on networks and multiple platforms is desired.
• Effective communication and presentation skills, including written and verbal communications.
• Ability to:
o Recognize the various families of malware and what their function is;
o Investigate workstations or servers to validate infections;
o Recommend tools to better prevent/mitigate malware infections;
o Keep abreast of any new trends in malware and report on such;
o Take lead on any infection(s) and see the process to completion;
o Articulate in written and oral communication;
o Work effectively in teams or independently;
o Carry out detailed instructions; be detail oriented;
o Handle confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion;
o Address findings from Federal Cyber security audits including FISMA, OMB and OIG.
• Familiarity with Endpoint Detection and Response tools (Carbon Black Response preferred).
• Familiarity with desktop remote access tools (Bomgar preferred).
• Familiarity with ticketing systems (ServiceNow preferred).
• Critical thinking, problem solving and the ability to endure long working hours is vital.
• The ability to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach with clients is critical.
• Bachelor of Technology/Master of Computer Applications (MCA) or equivalent college degree in relevant discipline, OR high school diploma with relevant malware experience.
• Possession of professional certifications and membership in professional associations is highly desirable: Certificates of accomplishment (GREM, Security+, MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
• Desired experience in: Malware analysis, various AV solutions, Windows administration, Linux variants, cryptography, and/or PKI.