SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Drive improvement of technical processes across Product teams to improve delivery, availability, and production readiness for platforms.
· Develop and follow operational best practices for tools and automation development. Including: Style guides, versioning practices, source control, branching and merging patterns and advising other engineers on development standards
· Develop and advocate for Operations best practices, standards and processes
· Provide support to the Operations team to support, maintain and upgrade the existing configuration management environment
· Help evaluate, build and deploy tools to assist with deployment framework required for each EP platform
· Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA’s for availability, scalability and resiliency
· Help develop strategies for zero down time deployments and patching
· Work with teams to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes
· Practice and mentor other engineers in continuous improvement, identifying and remediating manual actions and processes
· Help troubleshoot issues and work with the team to address root cause to minimize the chance of a second occurrence.
· Find opportunities to automate as part of the problem management process, creating automation to avoid issues.
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent relevant experience
· Experience in Linux Administration, Engineering and Automation
· Experience developing, delivering and operating modern cloud platforms / large scale distributed systems
· Experience working with revision control systems including Git
· Experience working in Agile teams and project teams
· Automation background in multiple scripting languages
· Direct experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar Configuration Management tools
· Cloud automation experience with Terraform, CloudFormation or similar
· Hands on experience with delivering and managing solutions on AWS, Azure and/or GCP
· Experience working in a matrix organization in a role that influences change though leadership
· Production experience with containers, container runtimes (i.e. Kubernetes), and/or serverless technologies
· Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing