Position Details: IT Problem Manager IV - 16380
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• The role interacts with associates and leaders from across the enterprise.
• The problem manager is responsible for the coordination and documentation of problem investigations contained as part of the Problem Management process.
• The problem manager is responsible for the coordination and documentation of the incident management process to include managing ongoing incident resolution and governing the overall process.
• Problem investigations require facilitation of technical and non-technical resource discussions to appropriately determine, document and categorize root cause conditions and identify the right actions to address deficiencies in technology design or process.
• Incident management coordination requires the facilitation of critical incident resolution and communication.
• Specific knowledge of common IT infrastructure, its components, functionality, and applications is critical.
• Best IT practices, industry standards, and a deep knowledge of ITIL processes (change, release, incident and problem management) are applied to daily responsibilities.
• Understanding the products, services, and service levels (both agreed and implied), is key to success.
• In addition, knowledge of the Client systems, processes, and business culture provides a basis to develop and maintain credible relationships.
What does a great problem manager do?
• The problem manager is an integral part of the IT Service Management organization, which is integral to the success of Client Output Solutions.
• The problem manager works across multiple teams within the division to manage incidents to resolution and the long term solutions to recurring problems.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• HS degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Prior experience as a Business Systems Analyst or similar
• Prior experience working with ITIL processes
Job Related Experience:
• 5+ years of relevant experience in an IT-related position
• Experience managing resources that are not direct reports
• Solid experience in process development, deployment and operations
• Solid experience of continual service improvement programs
• Solid data analysis skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• ITIL certification preferred
• Ability to facilitate relations between business groups, technology departments and vendors
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Good interpersonal, written, numerical and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised
• Good technical understanding and an ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
• Good understanding of Client’s business and how IT contributes to the delivery of its products and services
• Six Sigma certification preferred
• Experience with ServiceNow change, incident, and problem management modules