In this role, you will:
• Operate as a servant leader in service to the teams’ needs, and do everything possible so that the team performs at its highest levels
• Partner with Product Owners, Business Stakeholders, and Architecture to deliver business value.
• Work closely with the Portfolio Director to ensure budget, resources, and alignment on work are being met
• Schedule and facilitate all aspects of the Scrum framework, including sprint planning sessions, backlog grooming, daily scrums, product demos, and sprint retrospectives.
• Maintain the Scrum team’s capacity plan, Scrum board, sprint backlog, velocity charts and burn down charts.
• Identify and help remove impediments to the success of the Sprint.
• Identify and communicate potential risks to the completion of the Sprint, including resources, costs, and external dependencies, with proactive escalation as appropriate.
• Provide timely communication throughout the Sprint.
• Coach, mentor, and evangelize Agile best practices across the organization.
• Drive cross capability coordination and scheduling with other scrum leads.
• Manage the release process for the team.
• Have authority and responsibility over the team’s process and create the necessary balance between product and engineering
• Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, Agile best practices and how to improve team Qualifications
• Bachelors' degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field, with 2 years additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
• 5 years hands-on Scrum Master/Coach experience in advanced, large-scale Agile settings diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
• Experience and/or familiarity with scaling Agile using industry best practices
• 9 years professional experience leading or contributing to large projects, including software development and quality teams.
• Certified Scrum Master required, other Scrum certification desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Experience working with VersionOne or similar tool, building summary views, using Agile planning boards, setting up dashboards.
• Proven ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussion and action.
• Track record of leading others and positive change in project definition, project delivery, and process improvement.
• Comfortable working with ambiguity and evolving priorities
• Past success in creating high performance teams, inspiring and empowering them to achieve results.