Here are the skills required for this role.
1. API Design
2. Big Data processing with Spark or Snowflake
3. MicroServices Design
Technical Architect (Data & Analytics) will provide leadership in driving execution of solutions across multiple domains/ solution areas, contributing to the future success of the business through innovations in technology.
A person in this role will be responsible for leading technology analysis, problem definition, and overseeing the development & deployment of advanced analytics tools and methods within the Enterprise Architecture organization.
This role, along with engineering leaders within Analytics will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching analytics strategy and architecture that will align analytics investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things data and analytics, will be hands-on and will have a unique ability to lead engineering execution in alignment with business and technology strategy for Client through innovative solutions.
· Evangelize break-through analytics solutions through adoption of big data, cloud native technologies, Machine learning and Data Science.
· Participate in design and engineering of analytics solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Client.
· Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
· Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
· Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making
· Meet increasingly high demands of fast and flexible, self-service analytics on high volume and high velocity data
· Lead next generation big data analytics platform in the cloud, with emphasis on automation and scale
· Work with data engineers and system engineers to build innovative data products and insights
· Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
· Be a key contributor to overall architecture, framework and design of BI and Analytics environment
· Help the engineering group to shift the paradigm from traditional, relational BI to Big Data and NoSQL ecosystem in the Cloud
· MS/BS in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years of experience in large-scale software development with emphasis on data analytics and high-volume data processing
· 5+ years of experience architecting and building scalable data architecture
· 3+ years’ experience Hands-on experience with Hadoop and tools such as Hive, Sqoop, Pig, Impala and Spark
· Strong experience with SQL and Relational databases and scripting languages such as Shell and Python
· Familiarity with cloud implementation, preferably AWS
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation