This is a new group focused on Materials Engineering. (Nylons, Polyesters, Rubbers, Polyurethanes)
They need someone who understands those materials and can preform Program Management Duties including:
Materials Transfer Agreements
Stakeholder management (Customers, Vendors, Internal)
Creating and Presenting Technical and Business Information with internal Leadership
Full Job Description
As we look at the future of design and innovation, seeking new ways of leveraging technology and processes focus in sustainability, this will be essential to the future of Client product. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager with a strong technical and creative aptitude, and proven experience managing technical projects and applications. This individual should be able to create systems out of a chaotic process. The Technical Program Manager will lead product proof of concept and pilots testing, helping gather and organize feedback and performance metrics, and establish the groundwork for technologies and product acceptance and transition. The role will report to the SB&I/S&T Director of Material Innovation and focus on managing advanced technologies and product projects.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be required to utilize technology knowledge, core project management, communication, presentation and creative problem solving skills to drive and deliver projects of the highest level of quality that ultimately create great product. Success is defined not only as on time and on budget, but partnering with vendors, the core team as well as other teams within Client to discuss and define needs, document and meet business requirements in a way that demonstrates creativity, a high-level of quality and, most importantly, resulting in great products.
In addition to mastery of fundamental program management skills, the Technical Program Manager will exhibit the desire to:
1. Take initiative
2. Challenge the team
3. Lead in constant change
4. Think creatively
5. Drive the idea
6. Sustainability understanding and care for
6. Guide internal and external partners to create world-class products and services.
7. Execute and manage pilots to help prove plausibility of technology innovation, including managing project scope, requirements and success metrics.
8. Work with cross functional teams across the business, and manage multiple projects across multiple seasons, and multiple platforms.
9. Drive product/application development from kickoff through to delivery.
10. Maintain all project documentation and specifications for your projects, including schedules, and presentation materials
11. Identify issues and mitigate quickly, with a strong sense of technical knowledge
12. Create systems and organization out of a chaotic process
13. Ability to be flexible under pressure
14. Able to clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
15. Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent required
16. Experience (4+ years BSc or 2+ years MSc) as a Technical Program Manager.
17. Experience managing and facilitating collaboration among diverse skill sets, including designers, technologists and marketers
18. Ability to learn and consolidate highly complex concepts, processes and ideas, and synthesize them into materials to help communicate these ideas in a digestible and simplified manner.
19. Experience in Chemical Engineering, Polymers, Material Engineering or Textile Engineer with rapid prototyping environment is a strong plus
20. Effective presentation and communication skills as evidenced by ability to develop presentations and speak to large audiences including executives
21. Experience with contracts, follow NDA contracts, including review and negotiation of Statements of Work,
22. Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments.
23. Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide program management expertise, and to manage multiple projects at once.
The Manager must need Relevant experience in chemistry,polymers or Material Technologies.