As a Quality Engineer on the Client Digital Mobile Quality team, you’ll find yourself immersed in fast-paced projects crossing a wide range of technologies and experiences. We’ll ask you to take a strong, consumer-focused view of every deliverable and, through collaboration, be responsible for consistent and reliable delivery of awesome software solutions.
You’ll focus on defining test coverage, developing test plans, creating and maintaining test cases, executing functional and performance tests, evaluating and reporting on the quality of existing technologies and new features in Client’s rapidly evolving ecosystem.
You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable because our world changes daily; you will spend most of your time embedded on a small, strike force team solving a business problem but you’ll also bring great experience and motivation to the whole quality organization. You will be passionately pragmatic, sincerely savvy and a world-class diplomat capable of negotiation, reinvention, and smart compromise.
You may also be required to:
• Monitor performance metrics during pre-production testing. Collect performance data and provide insight into the root cause.
• Identify performance issues and prevent production outages. Enable real time visibility to reduce risk exposure.
• Profile application performance to evaluate application and system design. Assess performance risks and suggest opportunities for improvements to Products and Engineering team.
• Collaborate with developers/quality engineers across teams. Learn and document findings to promote the concept of performance engineering.
• Review performance SLAs, add test cases and expand coverage for performance testing.
• Engage Product, Program, Engineering, and Design teams to design test strategies, influence unit and integration testing conducted by engineering teams, and compose test plans for automated, manual, and performance tests executed by Quality teams for targeted mobile experiences
• Develop, modify, apply, and maintain standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures
• Conduct software inspection, testing, verification, and validation which results in the reduction of defects released into production, improves app store ratings, and enhances consumer experience
• Train and motivate teams of peers, engineers, or others to execute on the test plans and strategies that you define
• Review software design, change specifications, and plans against process requirements
• Support Site Reliability and engineering teams with problem triage and resolution
• Perform or direct verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability
• Participate in bug scrubs and prioritization sessions
• Develop metrics and reports to share with cross-functional teams and Client leadership
• Regularly update peers, stakeholders, and leaders on goals, key performance indicators, and outcomes
• Excellent knowledge of mobile software QA processes and methodologies
• 3-5 years of professional work experience in a software QA engineer role
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, including experience working in an Agile development environment
• Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies and debugging tools, including Charles Proxy, Xcode, Android Studio, ADB, Logcat
• Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, writing defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
• Knowledge of test automation and performance testing on mobile platforms
• Exposure to a “pixel perfect” brand-focused organization is a plus
• Self motivated, independent, and proactive
• Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or equivalent experience.