We're looking for a senior Linux System Engineer who enjoys solving problems and building new things using a combination of creativity and technical rigor. You don't have to know everything (that's why you're on a team), but we do expect good judgement and a desire to learn and mentor engineers with less experience.
● Work on a project-focused team of system engineers who also provide operational support to critical Linux systems.
● Help manage approx.100 linux-based systems (a mix of physical and virtual machines running on VMware).
● Collaborate closely with product engineering teams for updates/changes needed to the key applications managed by the SA team:
○ Jenkins infrastructure
○ Atlassian applications (Confluence, Stash, Jira)
○ JFrog Artifactory
● Lead the effort to migrate the systems and applications to Google Cloud Platform using Terraform and Puppet for automation and management.
● Lead the deployment of new monitoring tools (Prometheus) and assist the other systems engineers with planning and executing improved monitoring and capacity planning.
● Mentor less experienced system engineers on the team.
● 5 years or more of Linux system administration experience (prefer CentOS/RedHat)
● 3 or more years of experience with VMware
● Experience supporting highly available, critical internal services in a 100+ server environment.
● Experience moving Java-based applications running on Linux from on-premise hardware to a IaaS platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred).
● Demonstrated experience using Hashicorp Terraform to automate building and deploying infrastructure on an IaaS platform.
● Experience using GitLab or other CI/CD tools as part of the process to automate deployment of infrastructure solutions on an IaaS platform.
● Demonstrated experience using Puppet for systems configuration/management.
● Operational automation skills using shell, Perl, or Python
● Understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
● Experience with open source server software such as Apache and Tomcat.
● Customer-focused mindset
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills
● Ability to balance competing priorities