Start: Early-mid Jan.
You will be the 3rd Product owner for this group.
They are opening new retail locations in Aus. NZ, Thailand, and Malaysia and need somene to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
1. Communicating with stakeholders and regulatory SMEs.
2. Writing User Stories (Scrum) so that the engineering teams can build the POS to comply.
3. Managing the backlog (Jira + Confluence).
Three Key Hard Skills for this role: 1. Manage stakeholders/requirements
2. Write/manage stories/backlog
3. Understanding of point of sale or retail in general
Senior Product Owner
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or other relevant subject area
• 5 years' experience in a product owner or similar role
• 2 years' additional relevant experience in lieu of a degree
• Candidates with prior experience in global retail store environments receive preference
• Knowledge of Aptos or Oracle POS solution preferred
• Extensive experience and knowledge implementing systems using project lifecycle processes, including design, testing, implementation and support
• Success in designing and leading requirements discovery sessions including use of interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process modeling, personas, and workflow analysis with local and non-local team members.
• Anticipates customer needs; assesses requirements and identifies new solutions
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with management, technical peers, and business stakeholders
• Candidate must demonstrate excellent communication of complex topics to a diverse audience and positive customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to build positive business relationships and influence collaboratively across IT and the Retail Business
• Ability to engineer or re-engineer processes with a mindset of eliminating waste
• Provide training on new systems
• Ability to operate in a transforming, fast-paced, complex, high visibility Retail store support environment with multiple, competing priorities
• Strong information seeking skills and a drive to deliver results
• Leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others and lead initiatives and project teams is desirable