Position Details: QA Automation Lead - (00631)
1. Design pervasive integration between QA Automation and DevOps process automation. Enable Continuous Testing within the Continuous Integration framework (CI/CD).
2. Hands-on experience in Design and Development of Automation solution for Web based Applications (including API/ Services) and ERP Packages (e.g., SAP, Oracle, SalesForce).
4. Design and Maintain Test Automation frameworks, with Tricentis TOSCA in an enterprise landscape supporting multiple Lines of Business and Applications
5. Hands-on experience with one or more of the following QA Automation solutions including TOSCA, Selenium, JMeter, Cucumber, SoapUI, Unified Functional Tester, Visual Studio Team Services.
6. Rollout QA Automation Capabilities within teams by working with Platform, Development, Product QA and Product Management to align with application modules and use cases
7. Mentor teams by evangelizing best practices and to conduct brown bags/on-boarding training for everything automation (Software QA) related
Usually works with minimal supervision and may consult with higher level professionals on unusual matters. Contributes to complex projects and carries out assignments independently.
Solves moderately complex problems, and develops creative solutions based on the evaluation of multiple options. Impact is defined by the ability to influence solutions through expertise.
Will mentor other team members and lead efforts but has no formal supervisory responsibility.
Interactions with others focus on information exchange and problem solving. Contacts may share confidential/sensitive company information. Communication often involves subjects of a technical nature. Incumbent usually initiates contacts on his/her own with 50% being by phone/email and the remainder via face-to-face interaction. Proactive communication is needed with all parties to help integrate data analysis into business insights and provide ongoing dialogue on results of key programs.
Preferred Specific Job Skills:
• Good object-oriented programming skills in C#
• In Depth experience in automating frontend GUI (Web and On-Premise), API/ Services, Mobile (iOS and Android) and/ Database Test Automation in multiple domains like Retail.
• Experience with different development frameworks (e.g. MS .Net, …)
• Tricentis Tosca test automation experience (Custom Libraries and Cross-Platform Integration) is a plus
• Awareness of Project Management Processes & Methodologies and ITIL concepts.
• Strong analytical skills (debugging, tinkering).
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in computer science or software engineering.
• 8-10 years in a technical or software engineering position (preferably QA and/or SDET)
• 5+ years of experience working as a QA automation engineer for web/application/package development projects, with 2+ years in a lead role
• 3 + years hands on experience in developing (preferably using C#) and maintaining test automation framework and custom libraries that is scalable and maintainable to dynamic business needs
• Strong working knowledge of test automation patterns, test techniques, preferably in a Software as a Service.
• Able to collaborate with customers, vendors and peers; possess excellent written and oral communication skills and proactive, with a pragmatic approach to testing.
Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work occasionally required to collaborate with people in other time zones and to ensure timely project completion. Some job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines.