· Develops partnerships and works closely with business team members to understand and document day in the life and usability requirements through storyboards, wireframes, user interface specifications and other documentation.
· Performs data analysis to influence and inform key decisions and requirements gathering
· Partners with both internal and external technology, analytics and engineering teams to delivertop quality solutions
· Creates integration context diagrams and associated systems process models to aid in clarity
· Works closely with Business functional analyst and business customer to ensure information and integration requirements are clearly understood and resolve any conflicts
· Creates and maintains paper prototypes, User Interface (UI) storyboards and UI specifications by working closely with functional analysts and Business team members
· Participates in creating the organization, navigation, and the look-n-feel of the UI for the application in collaboration with systems/functional analysts and Business team members
· Defines test scenarios based on business processes and may participate in integration testing when needed
· Conducts usability User Acceptance Tests (UAT) with business teams.
Works independently with minimal guidance from Product Management outside of prioritization; works on a team which supports a complex, highly integrated, or higher risk product with multiple customers; may help stand-up a new product; may work on more than one product
1. Be a Product advocate; can describe the Product, its value, how it works, how it is adopted, speak to upcoming changes and tailor the information to the audience
2. Understand the Product Roadmap and use knowledge of future features to improve current stories and tests
3. Assist in customer adoption through personal interaction and written documentation
4. Identify, escalate, and remove roadblocks, triage defects, and provide clarity from customers on issues where appropriate
5. Work directly with customers and team members to capture details of Feature requirements, understand use cases, collect samples, and find tests; apply knowledge of Product and business drivers to enhance work
6. Write and refine stories for clarity, business value, and acceptance criteria with guidance from Product Management
7. Work with Team to translate any internal "Enablers" into value driven stories
8. Assess, provide input and potential improvements to Product Owner on impact to business partners' current processes and their current use of the Product
9. Conduct feature mapping, gap analysis, data flow to help assess business implications of feature, tool, or platform
10. Conduct analysis to determine how features are performing, level of customer satisfaction, and provide innovative suggestions for improvements
11. Highlight risks, escalate impacts and assist in developing and analyzing possible innovative solutions for complex issues
12. Conduct Product demos
· Typical Office: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
· Familiarity with SQL, AWS & SAS
Typically requires a Bachelors Degree and minimum of 5 or 6 years directly relevant work experience Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 3 yrs; Masters + 4 yrs; Associates degree + 6 yrs; High School + 7 yrs.