Client has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented Client teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Client Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
· Design and implement features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
· Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks and patterns for processing and storing large data volumes
· Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem
· Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
· Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing
· Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios
· Build and incorporate automated unit tests and participate in integration testing efforts
· Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
· Work across teams to resolve operational and performance issues
The following qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
· MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
· 4+ years of experience in large-scale software development, 2+ years of big data experience
· Strong programming experience, Python preferred
· Extensive experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, etc.
· Experience with RDBMS systems, SQL and SQL Analytical functions
· Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
· Experience with performance and scalability tuning
The following skills and experience are also relevant to our overall environment, and nice to have:
· Experience with Scala or Java
· Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
· Familiarity with cloud warehouse tools like Snowflake
· Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, Nifi, etc.
· Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
· Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
· Familiarity with build tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
· Familiarity with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
· Experience in Agile/Scrum application development
These are the characteristics that we strive for in our own work. We would love to hear from candidates who embody the same:
· Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
· Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
· Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others